HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Confusion and clarity (Read 1518 times)
John M

A new place to begin

Confusion and clarity
06/08/15 at 15:43:39

Perhaps you know how it is - something seems not quite right but one cannot quite put ones finger on it, ones quandry stems from that which seems to be spot on coming from the same source as the questionable.

Much to the chagrin of those dedicated souls that support the bk.info cause it is possible and indeed many have experienced the good side of the BK's exclusively exotic inspirational thought and what can be highly energising experiences. It seems likely that predominantly the experiences, be they consciously experienced or subtly unconsciously experienced that have influenced more than a million people so far to adopt BK values and way of life.    

It also seems - no authority here - think more of a confused being seeking  clarity - that the authority trip integral to some BK lives - i.e. I am child of the Master Almighty Authority and the inheritance of my spiritual birth is to become as Baba is - can mix ego and inspiration in such a way that only a true Master Almighty Authority could separate them. Defining a problem is often necessary before one can solve it. In BK circles where the seniors can lord it over those more junior whilst the juniors aspire to become seniors themselves defining this specific problem would be rare. Add a basic 10% of  income plus whatever one can cream off the top from those eager to prove their faith and/or maintain what they perceive as a privileged status to the picture and the ability to define and solve problems could be useful.

The official BK line is that when I die I will be full of regret as I left the BK's some time ago, that the faithful will happily move on is a BK given. Hehe.   

I met many genuine people when I visited Madhuban, I see it as both lucky and unlucky for me that I felt it necessary to visit Madhuban in failed attempt to unravel the confusion that I felt at that time. It can be tough for a person that seriously entertained the notion that God is teaching through the Murli for even a short time to walk away.

Preliminaries over, lets get to it - the following is a wee nugget that may be of interest to some, it is an extract from a book entitled the Five Tibetans by Christopher S Kilham, more Hatha than Raja yet in a section on Chakras the guy made a lot of sense. Ready? Ok...lets go

A person who is dominated by influences from the lower chakras can simultaneously be influenced by the higher centres as well. There are many power-mad gurus and sages who have paranormal perceptions and occult abilities that indicate some higher chakra activity, but who operate from a fundamentally low chakra base, using their powers to cheat deceive and dominate others. Don't be fooled: psychic abilites do not indicate a fundamentally integrated person who works from a higher chakra level. It is important not to be awestruck when someone demonstrates psychic abilites. Consider the whole person. Or as the Zen saying goes "Look to the obvious" If the person with psychic abilites is also loving, kind, charitable, and quick to serve others with little or no concern for personal gain then he or she may in fact be well integrated. Take time to find out. Don't assume that just because someone wears a turban, speaks with an exotic vocal lilt, and spews mantras at the drop of a dollar, he or she is either well integrated or interested in your well-being. Spiritual hucksters are everywhere.

Please do not to assume that I am endorsing this author or his words or that I am asking you to apply what he has said to your BK experience. I simply found that the quote provoked some thought and for me the BK's were part of it. In other words what you do or do not do with it is up to you.

Take care.

IP Logged

John M

A new place to begin

Re: Confusion and clarity
Reply #1 - 11/02/15 at 15:20:19

Human shapeshifters are an odd bunch they can be oh so human one minute then oh so divine the next.

Can a shapeshifter save your soul? Some would have you believe that they can, yet be it no surprise if a unique service of that nature comes with a price.

Walk wide of the man and particularly of the woman, who makes a noise about lining your pocket or improving your condition. *

But what if you are in so deep with a shapeshifter that you cannot get out? Are you trapped? Could be, though if a thoroughly good job has been done on you such a train of thought could well be at odds with the golden carrot that governs all thoughts that you are conditioned to consider, if you are still not sure see if those around you have a carrot too.

Assuming that you may be trapped but are conditioned not to even consider the possibility, also that you have not dared to even glance at the carrot of others, how best to proceed?

You will find your way, if not now then sometime soon.

*Talbot Mundy

IP Logged

John M

A new place to begin

Reply #2 - 07/31/16 at 23:02:08

The good advice "take your time, make everything clear" can if taken involve some reflection. Where I differ from many is that I prefer others to make up their own minds rather than tell or attempt to tell them what to think or believe.

One of many is ex-l, a somewhat gullible person who will not shirk from attempting to impose his views on others.

When I was a child I would hear "don't pull a face and turn into the wind as your face might get stuck" fairly often. That was childish face pulling that involved scrunching ones face, sticking out ones tongue, pulling ones ears etc. Nowadays pulling odd attitudes has replaced the pulling faces of old. When attempting to understand others their agenda or motivation can be far more informative than their demeanor and/or the words that they use.

There have been, perhaps there still are those BK's who will argue to death the point that dinosaurs existed 5000 years ago whilst imperceptibly to their target influencing them subtly. I could never accept that dinosaurs existed such a short time ago though I am aware that clear recorded history of the human race gets hazier the older the history. The 5000 year cycle of the BK's has little to do with time as we know it yet it does form part of a BK picture of human potential that can take a while to unfathom. A person that merely insists that dinosaurs existed 5000 years ago is an obvious nutter but what of a person that uses the dinosaur argument with the intent of introducing a study of the 5000 year BK cycle with a view to them later being able to experience it for themselves? Apparently that is fine in terms of BK values as the person who argued the dinosaur case most during my short spell with the BK's has been a high status player in the BK world for a long time now. Perhaps the most surprising BK claim to the more scientifically minded is that of senior BK's being infallible i.e. not being at all subject to even the slightest trace of error. The notion is that Angelic or deity-like beings can do no wrong in their eyes and the eyes of those who seek their guidance and protection - even when they deeply hurt others!

Returning to my castigation of ex-l who had contact with the BK's though it seems from his viewpoint no experience at all of the open if one has the eyes to see secrets of the cycle. That I see as a loss though his genuine resistance to acceptance of the 5000 years old dinosaur nonsense or the the notion of BK infallibility is to his credit. Can a person who can merely grasp half a picture formulate accurate criticism of the whole? Enough said.

Having said that it seems that ex-l does a fair job, to keep .info up and running through his posts and web expertise has been no mean task. At probably great personal cost to himself in terms of lost opportunity, the personal danger of his constant attitude that seeks to trash to BK's yet his providing a place where those that fall victim to the infallible whirring's of the BK machine make him a sysop that many other forums would appreciate.

Why do book-keeping software companies continue to employ programmers? Keeping financial records is a straightforward task, one could be forgiven for assuming that after millions of programming hours the perfect accounting system must be here! The software companies do not see their products as complete in every way so often they will request of users the ability to download error reports which they see as valuable tools for progress. Contrast this please to the BK World where dull ordinary and ignorant persons study to become angels and deities who by definition and even in practice are accepted as infallible. Here you may feel nice cosy and comfortable looking at a white point of light with a red surround - if you are a BK. Yet the uninitiated including those with even half a brain will see a bloody big red traffic light that screams "STOP."

The danger of thoughts such as "If I did it it must be perfect" or perhaps a little less dangerously the spoken "If I've done anything wrong God or "Baba" will fix it" should not be underestimated. If you turn a blind eye to the abuse of another of what value now or in future could your life possibly have? To accept by hiding behind a "seniors" claim that they are merely correcting what needs to be corrected is weak. If you can accept that any one no matter what they do can be beyond reproach you may not be an intelligent life form.

ex-l has courage aplenty. Note to self..stop thinking of other people

IP Logged

John M

A new place to begin

Reply #3 - 03/02/17 at 20:07:50

Many people in this world would if given the chance endorse the notion that the experience of peace and happiness is a good thing in human life. There are those that experience those qualities. Nearly all experience and share, - no man is a island etc. Sometimes, mercifully those that experience not so good stuff seem somewhat hampered in their ability to share whereas sometimes, mercifully too though in a different way (the first is mercy for the giver, the second mercy for the recipient) those that experience good stuff can experience no such restraint.

So far it is probable that those on bk.info would agree with some if not all of the above. It seems to me that most bk's would agree with it too.

Now we come to the messy stuff. BK's believe that they and only they know God, of course they will deny it much as Judas Iscariot denied Christ, Judas being not so fortunate in the Christian tradition, though in the BK tradition it seems that one can deny what one believes and have status both now and in the post destruction planet earth. Mention to the .info crowd peace and happiness and all is fine but mix it with Brahma Kumaris or Knowledge or why does free equate to 10% of income and opposition to BK's manifests.

BK's of course believe that that they share only good stuff with others, if they don't and they are still BK's they may have learnt the noble political art of turning a blind eye, a quality that would disbar them from the BK Golden Age as the theory is that all eyes are perfect in that place and how we are as we die will determine where in the cycle we will pop up for a first birth. I suspect, though I am no authority (mercifully for myself and others) that blind eye merchants are copper age souls.

BK knowledge can be seen as a metaphysical scaffold, the correct utilisation of which can have a positive effect in a students life. I think it unfortunate that BK's have taken the knowledge too literally to the extent that "instruments" have been encouraged to don an authority type mantle and in some instances create mayhem in worlds of promise - "a forgive them for they know not what they do" type scenario.

It always disturbed me to hear a BK speaking as if faith were fact. "Baba wants to give you an experience" is an example of this, most if not all BK students hear such stuff at some point. Then a tried and tested and oft used antidote for the student troubled by faith as fact games is.....
(think of your antidote and I'll tell you what comes to mind for me a little later)

I decided not to wait - mine is "Its a conflict of sanskaras which has arisen because we all live so closely in the Golden Age." One thing stands out for me here, use only BK knowledge as a yardstick for ones life and one will never allow oneself to leave. For me the thought "enough is enough" has been handy at times.

Happily BK knowledge works very well for some, yet there are those that have been given a BK homeopathic type pill to bring out all sickness in their "soul" then left stranded. Could this version (my invention) have an element of truth to it?.."I have come to rescue you...oops! Something went wrong." 

For me those at .info can have valid points to make, as do many BK's. ...mmm..how about me?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print