Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
BrahmaKumaris.info -- Ex-BK website/forum (Read 82199 times)
John M

A new place to begin

Re: BrahmaKumaris.info -- Ex-BK website/forum
Reply #210 - 06/05/12 at 14:58:35

Terry wrote on 06/05/12 at 03:32:40:
One similarity ex-L and the current manifestation of his forumshare with their arch-enemy the BKWSU is that both are ideologically driven.

An old saying - wars fought for greed are less damaging than ideological wars as those fighting for greed will preserve if possible that which they desire.

Both will ”destroy a village to save it” 

So what do the bk and .info have in common? They expect everyone to do as they say. If there is something wrong with their decisions it is tough luck you either comply or you leave. Debate or discussion is out of the question. I discovered this with Dadi Janki and Jayanti, in fact DJ invented a version just for me, it went as follows "When two pots bang together one cracks."
with hindsight I should have left there and then yet where was I to go? All bridges had been burnt so I remained in contact - until I could no longer bear the pain. I found this too with ex-l and his retarded cronies - it was a waste of time trying to reason with them. 

"who lives in whose shadow more?”. 

The direction in which the sun is shining matters. If it is overhead there is little shadow. From where my sun is shining the BK are far more dangerous than .info. All that .info offers is a good self congratulary BK Bash. A little BK bashing can good for those that have recently left BK company but how far can that take one in the business of living? The BK offer more - but at great cost. From where my sun shines the greatest disservice that the BK do is to claim that theirs is the only way as it is God's way.

Here are a couple of exerpts from a book called The Power of The Subconscious Mind, it was written by Joseph Murphy and first published in 1963, the excerpt comes from a chapter entitled Practical Techniques in Mental Healings.

THE ABSOLUTE METHOD IS LIKE MODERN SOUND WAVE THERAPY

Many people throughout the world practice this method with wonderful results. The person using the abolute method mentions the name of the patient, such as John Jones, then quietly and silently thinks of God and His qualities and attributes, such as, God is all bliss, boundless love, infinite intelligence, all-powerful, boundless wisdom, absolute harmony, indescribable beauty and perfection. As he quietly thinks along these lines in is lifted up in consciousness to a new spiritual wavelength, at which times he feels the infinite ocean of God's love is now dissolving everything unlike itself in the mind and body of John Jones for whom he is praying. He feels all the power and love of God are focused on John Jones and whatever is is bothering or vexing him is now completely neutralised in the prescence of the infinite ocean of life and love.

To the degree that we rise in consciousness by contemplating qualities and attributes of God, do we generate spiritual electronic waves of harmony, health and peace. Many remarkable healing follow this technique
of prayer.

Those two short passages encompass most of the BK meditation but Murphy seems to have left a few things out. How about 10% of income to the BK's? How about if you leave the BK's you for all time are a loser - a bhagat? Then where is that wonderful version where one pot hits another? Surely this cannot be the same as the BK teaching - there are no dinosaurs!

There are not many ex-bk's that appreciate how good the BK's are at the techniques that Murphy outlined many years before DJ hit the West. It is not God his attributes etc that is the BK problem, it is the BK's that can screw you up. Unfortunately they have added other techniques to a benefical meditation which involve the monetary physical and mental control of others. Give your self mastery to another no matter how wonky it may be - and you may never get it back!

I feel fairly sure that Terry will agree that almost all of the works of Joseph Murphy are worthy of study. Agreement matters less than finding that which works for each of us in our own practical lives, in Murphy's vast range of techniques there should be more than a few that will suit you.   

Terry, your post is very very good, insightful, misleading to no one, I liked it so much.  Wink
« Last Edit: 06/05/12 at 16:54:16 by John M »  

IP Logged

Terry

Reply #211 - 06/06/12 at 01:16:49

John M wrote on 06/05/12 at 14:58:35:
in fact DJ invented a version just for me, it went as follows "When two pots bang together one cracks." 

More evidence that DJ is just another crackpot?

IP Logged

John M

A new place to begin

Re: BrahmaKumaris.info -- Ex-BK website/forum f
Reply #212 - 06/07/12 at 00:28:33

Welcome all that come here for curiousity, stimulation (God help you) or to have a good laugh. Smiley

Am not that fond of word games though many are.

The little that I saw of the real DJ was accomplished yet she could keep herself under wraps - i.e. possible to know her for a long time without noticing anything remarkable.

With many she often got things right - not bad considering the massive differences in the people that walked through her door.

The ex-bk world seems not that fond of her - none of them/us would - would they/we?

I hope her health has improved, in ye olde Tennyson Road days she on many occassions seemed far from being physically well. She must now be near the age that Robin Ramsey's typo claims for himself on Facebook - 100 or so.

I think she has been far too fond of money, though she may have faultless reasons that I cannot even imagine for seeming so, I've never discussed this with her.

That there is never any need for any BK to explain themselves to bitter disgruntled types means that every BK criticism that any of us makes will likely remain uncontested forever.

Bitterly yours in an alcohol free way.

IP Logged

John M

A new place to begin

Reply #213 - 06/07/12 at 13:39:49

I recall a little more, there were quite a few situations where DJ endorsed my long term offers of doing that which seemed to be useful. I often could not see into DJ or her actions though I never saw her deliberately harm or trash anyone.

Jayanti was for me a completely different tale, impressive, talented, arrogant and powerful yet on occassion seemingly totally blind or uncaring to the devastating effect that she could generate in others lives. My experience rates this star of the brahmin clan as the most dangerous person ever. Could DJ with her version about pots been warning me in some way? There are many things that are still not clear to me as regards the events of that time though in picking my way through the unbelievable confusion and pain of the latter portion of my BK study this wee nugget popped out, a guiding star. ----->

Respect the will of others.

I would be glad to hear from those many perhaps that can speak of bodies of thought that consider the will of all persons to be holy, sacrosanct and to be influenced only with choiceful debate, choiceful inspiration and the greatest care.

IP Logged

Terry

Reply #214 - 06/08/12 at 01:44:31

We are going way off topic here.....

John M wrote on 06/07/12 at 13:39:49:
Jayanti was for me a completely different tale, impressive, talented, arrogant and powerful yet on occassion seemingly totally blind or uncaring to the devastating effect that she could generate in others lives. 

She is a Taurus after all and always displayed many of those characteristics. It is a ”fixed’ sign, i.e. not as flexible as ”mutable” signs nor initiatory ilke ”cardinal” signs.  They are steady, like routine and are placid by nature but volatile when their ‘field” is disturbed or intruded on, so watch out.

Quote:
Respect the will of others.

I would be glad to hear from those many perhaps that can speak of bodies of thought that consider the will of all persons to be holy, sacrosanct and to be influenced only with choiceful debate, choiceful inspiration and the greatest care.

Religions and ethics are largely about how to get on with others. If we were all solitaries, not much of what we do would require all this kerfuffle. Now, if everyone would just respect my will the world would be a much better place!

Which all reminds me of this quote
Quote:
'It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right.’ -Molière

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print